17 X Compressor/Limiter
The Seventeen X is a hand built one channel transformer coupled compressor/limiter. It’s a FET (field effect transistor) design that incorporate some new and exclusive features such as ”High Pass Sidechain Filter”, ”Mix Knob” mix between dry and wet signal (parallel compression), ”Signal High Pass and Low Pass Filters” smooth 6db/oct filters that colors the sound nicely.
The 17X uses the absolute best parts available: Alps pots, Carnhill Transformers, Wima Caps, Vintage VU, Original Fender Super Switches, Gold plated XLR’s, etc.
The 17X is our take on the classic ”1176 Sound”. It can be smooth or it can be a rock’n’roll monster when using ratio 100:1 (all in). Please have listen to the sound examples below.
17 X Specifications
- FET Style Compressor
- Variable Mix Control For Precise Parallel Compression
- 5 Step Switched Attack Times 20ms to 800ms
- 5 Step Switched Release Times 50ms to 0,8sec
- 5 Step Switched High Pass Sidechain Filter. Off, 100Hz, 200Hz, 300Hz, 600Hz
- 5 Step Swithced Ratio 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1, 100:1
- Signal High Pass Filter 6db/Oct @ 80Hz
- Signal Low Pass Filter 6db/Oct @ 12kHz
- True Hardware Bypass
- Carnhill I/O Transformers
- Switchable Vintage Meter To Show Input-Gain Reduction-Output
- Build to order
- Retail Price $2995