7X-500 F.E.T Compressor
Honey- we shrunk the compressor….
The Seven X Five Hundred is a one channel compressor/limiter. It’s a FET (field effect transistor) design that incorporate some new and exclusive features such as ”High Pass Sidechain Filter”, ”Mix Knob” mix between dry and wet signal (parallel compression).
The 7X-500 is our take on the classic ”1176 Sound”. It can be smooth or it can be a rock’n’roll monster when using ratio 100:1 (all in).
Issues with older BAE racks! Please be aware of that the older BAE racks uses 30-pin Edacs which is not 500 Series spec’d. You must bridge the pins on the back to make connection on both sides of the 7X-500 pcb. This is very crucial to get the power and i/o’s to work properly! If you have an older BAE rack or is unsure of the connection, please check the soldering of the Edac’s to XLR’s BEFORE POWERING ON THE UNIT! Thank you.
- FET Style Compressor
- Variable Mix Control For Precise Parallel Compression
- 3 Step Switched Attack Times
- 3 Step Switched Release Times
- 3 Step Switched High Pass Sidechain Filter. Off, 100Hz, 300Hz
- 3 Step Swithched Ratio 4:1, 12:1, 100:1 (all in)
- True Hardware Bypass
- Transformers Balanced Output
- 20-LED Gain Reduction Meter
- Gold Plated Pcb
- Retail Price $299