PEX-500 Pultec Equalizer
The PEX Five Hundred is a one channel transformer coupled Passive Pultec Equalizer. It’s an all discrete design based upon the great 990 amplifier.
The Equalizer is our take on the magical classic Pultec design. It’s got 15db boost of the creamiest high end you’ve ever heard and the most punchy low end heard in the 21th Century.
Issues with older BAE racks! Please be aware of that the older BAE racks uses 30-pin Edacs which is not 500 Series spec’d. You must bridge the pins on the back to make connection on both sides of the PEX-500 pcb. This is very crucial to get the power and i/o’s to work properly! If you have an older BAE rack or is unsure of the connection, please check the soldering of the Edac’s to XLR’s BEFORE POWERING ON THE UNIT! Thank you.
- Transformer coupled Balanced inputs and Balanced Outputs
- Passive Pultec Equalizer. Inductor
- 990 Discrete gain make-up amplifier
- 3 Step Switched Eq Low Freq Boost 30Hz, 60Hz, 100Hz +/-10%
- 3 Step Switched Eq High Freq Bosst 6kHz, 10kHz, 16kHz +/-10%
- 3 Step Switched Eq High Freq Attenuation 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz +/-10%
- Pin Compatible with 990&2520 type op-amps
- True Hardwire Eq Bypass
- Gold Plated Pcb
- Retail Price $299